Minority Issues Research Institute
Research That Matters
Minority Issues Research Institute (MIRI) is an independent non-partisan think tank headquartered in Bratislava, Slovakia. We are dedicated to conducting research on minority issues and promoting the rights of minorities worldwide. We foster collaboration and connections between scientists, researchers, practitioners, and minorities from diverse backgrounds to work towards a more just, fair and inclusive future.
Stay up to date on the latest events and initiatives addressing current affairs and minority issues by checking out the upcoming events hosted by MIRI.
- Thu, Feb 22Online EventFeb 22, 2024, 1:30 PM – 2:40 PM GMT+1Online EventPolitical Theorist and Research Professor Steven Friedman (University of Johannesburg) addresses how and why the current language around anti-Semitism in Israel has been distorted and weaponised to serve the political objectives of the Israeli state.
- Mon, Dec 11Online EventDec 11, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:10 PM GMT+1Online EventMinority Issues Research Institute (MIRI) is organizing a panel of experts on the topic of Institutionalization and Mainstreaming Human Rights to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the UN Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
- Fri, Nov 10Online EventNov 10, 2023, 3:00 PM – 4:15 PM GMT+1Online EventMinority Issues Research Institute (MIRI) is organizing a panel of experts from the regions affected by conflicts to shed light on these events and explore the extent to which they are part of the Russian geopolitical chess game.
- Fri, Oct 06Online EventOct 06, 2023, 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM GMT+2Online EventTalk by Mitchell A. Orenstein on the topic Transformation of Europe after Russian aggression into Ukraine within the MIRI Seminar on Current Affairs. Mitchell A. Orenstein is a Professor of Russian and East European Studies at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Sat, Sep 30Online EventSep 30, 2023, 5:00 PM – 6:30 PMOnline EventGuest Lecture by Dr Svetluša Surová, Senior Researcher of Minority Issues Research Institute (MIRI) for the students of the Florida International University of the class on the International Protection of Human Rights.